Thursday, July 4, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade

Summer has arrived, my friends! 
Few days ago in Poznan was raining all the time, 
but now all the windows in my house are open.

I really don't know what is it about me and 
strawberries, but I'm obsessed!
I love buying them when they're in season
and perfectly fresh, juicy and ripe.
I went through a time in my life where
everywhere I went, if they served
strawberry lemonade, I ordered it.
I've never made it at home before.
Yesterday I've tried the basic lemonade
with the twist of this summer seasonal fruit.

Ingredients:
  • 1,5 cups strawberries, trimmed and halved
  • 1,5 cups fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 cups cold water
Preparation:
  • Puree strawberries with 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    in a blender until smooth
  • Force through a fine sieve into a bowl
    (to remove seeds)
  • Stir together strawberry puree, remaining
    lemon juice, sugar and water in a pitcher
  • Taste and add more sugar if desired
  • Best served cold



No comments:

Post a Comment